The Sales Director is responsible for leadership and support throughout the customer engagement and solution implementation lifecycle. This is an exciting role with high visibility, important responsibility, and significant growth potential.
● Develop and execute a sales plan, in collaboration with the VP of Sales, required to maintain and grow business for Gerent’s services implementation engagements.
● Perform business development duties, including but not limited to market and territory analysis, new business opportunity identification, marketing campaign and pre-sales leadership, pursuit and solution proposal leadership, contract negotiation and execution, post-sale customer success engagement, existing customer retention and growth, facilitation of long-term relationships with both customers and partners, with strong emphasis on nurturing Salesforce field sales relationships.
● Execute daily pipeline management in Salesforce and provide weekly forecast, pipeline, and activity reports, as directed.
● Collaborate closely and effectively with Gerent practice leadership, marketing, business
development, and consulting colleagues.
● Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Gerent’s credentials and Salesforce solutions and roadmap.
● Successfully articulate Gerent and Salesforce credentials, in the context of effective discovery
regarding prospect/customer requirements, leading to proposed solutions.
Qualifications – Requirements:
● 10+ years of technology sales experience with a bachelor’s degree, or 7+ years of experience with a master’s degree
● 5+ years of consulting and systems integration sales experience
● 5+ years selling technology solutions
● Documented and sustained track record of sales success
● Must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer
● Approximately 30 percent travel (post-pandemic)
Qualifications – Desired Skills and Experience:
● Experience partnering with C-level executives as a trusted advisor
● Experience with end-to-end implementation of Salesforce solutions or SaaS solutions
● Salesforce ecosystem experience highly desired
● Solid judgment and problem-solving skills
● Ability to manage multiple projects or priorities
● Strong influence, communication, and negotiation skills
● Strong experience collaborating with business process owners, program/project management
leaders, and technical teams to develop solution proposals
● Experience with large scale technology projects
● Experience working with technical and creative project teams
● Proficient in G-Suite and Microsoft Office apps and other collaboration and project management tools (e.g. – MS Teams, Quip, Slack, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, etc.)